Get on the Road to Justice Vero Beach Truck Accident Lawyers
The roadways of southeastern Florida are becoming increasingly crowded with large trucks and tractor trailers as more and more people are drawn here to live by our beautiful communities and high quality of life. This increased traffic, coupled with extremes in weather conditions, can compound the likelihood of an accident and the severity of the injuries sustained.
Our Vero Beach Truck Accident Attorneys Understand the Unique Legal and Liability Issues Related to Trucking Law in Florida
Because of the increased speed and larger size and weight of commercial trucks, any accident involving one of these vehicles and a passenger car is likely to result in devastating injuries or death for the driver and passengers of the car.
Ask Someone You Trust About Our Vero Beach Trucking Accident Attorneys
Our Vero Beach tractor trailer accident lawyers understand the complexity of commercial vehicle liability, the difficulty of investigating these accidents and the devastation of losing a loved one to a trucking accident. Our financial resources allow us to track down the truth and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, here are some important safety tips from Road Safe America to keep in mind when you’re on the highway:
- Be extra alert as you approach a large truck. They behave very differently from cars.
- Avoid blind spots around trucks. If you can’t see a truck’s side mirrors, the truck driver can’t see you. One-third of all crashes between large trucks and cars take place in the blind spots around a truck.
- Do not pass a truck on the right while the truck is turning right. Trucks must swing wide to the left to negotiate right turns safely, as the rear wheels follow a shorter path than the front wheels.
- Do not cut in front of any large vehicle, including a truck or a bus. Since they require much more distance to stop in comparison to cars, forcing a large vehicle to stop quickly can result in a fatal accident.
- Use the proper procedure to pass a large truck or bus on the highway. Accelerate slightly and maintain a consistent speed while passing. Wait until you can see the entire cab in your rear-view mirror before signaling and pulling in front of it.
- Observe a truck’s turn signals before trying to pass it. If the truck appears to be starting a left turn, check which way the driver is signaling before passing the truck on the right.
- Give trucks at least four to six seconds of space in wet conditions and at highway speeds.
- Call authorities if you see unsafe driving.
- Do not cut off a truck in traffic or on the highway to reach your exit or turn.
Take advantage of a free phone consultation with an experienced Vero Beach truck accident lawyer today. Call us at (772) 497-6903 or (866) 930-4803.