Vero Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Your loved ones’ golden years should be times of peace, joy and serenity. But dementia, physical limitations, or other age-related ailments can make the aging process of your parents and grandparents difficult to watch. This process is even more fraught if your loved ones are confined to a nursing home in Indian River County. Our nursing home negligence lawyers stand ready to help protect your loved ones should they be subjected to abusive treatment or nursing home negligence.
Our Indian River County Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawyers Enforce the Nursing Home Bill of Rights
Florida nursing home residents and their loved ones are protected by the Florida Nursing Home Bill of Rights. Fundamental to these rights is the concept that you have the right to be treated humanely and to receive adequate, reasonable care when placed in a nursing home facility.
When a nursing home fails to honor this sacred trust, a claim may be brought to seek compensation for the harm committed. Some signs of nursing home abuse or neglect include:
- Unexplained bruises, cuts, burns, sprains, or fractures in various stages of healing
- Bedsores or frozen joints
- Unexplained venereal disease or genital infections; vaginal or anal bleeding; torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Staff refusing to allow visitors to see resident or delays in allowing visitors to see resident
- Staff not allowing resident to be alone with visitor
- Resident being kept in an over-medicated state
- Loss of resident’s possessions
- Sudden large withdrawals from bank accounts or changes in banking practices
- Abrupt changes in will or other financial documents
Ask Someone You Trust About Our Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Vero Beach
The Personal Injury Group will fight to make sure that you and your loved ones are fully protected under Florida law. Our nursing home abuse lawyers have one goal: to make sure that that nursing homes are held accountable for their conduct. Contact us today for a private consultation.