This photo displayed at the offices of Gould Cooksey Fennell shows the Vero Beach Courthouse, now known as the Vero Beach Executive Center, as it appeared close to the completion of construction in 1937. The land was provided by the City of Vero Beachand construction was funded through a loan/grant of the federal Public Works Administration (PWA). The building had a basement, but it always leaked – having been built upon what was known as a “gator hole,” according E.E. Carter, County Engineer– David Carter’s grandfather. The photograph does not depict the north and south additions, which were not constructed until years later. The builder of the initial courthouse was William Hensick, and the wings were built in 1956 (south) and 1961 the (north) – the latter by E.M. Netto. There was an annex to the west added in 1967, also built by E.M. Netto.
Blog Recent news and updates
No search query specified.