- Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial by The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, 2017 through present
- Top Up and Coming attorneys, Florida Trend
Jason L. Odom
Jason L. Odom is a valued member of our firm’s Litigation Department, where he displays a high level of excellence in his practice, focusing on Personal Injury and Medical Negligence, Probate and Trust Litigation, and Employment Law. He is a board-certified specialist in Civil Trial, which is an evaluation by The Florida Bar that identifies you as a lawyer with special knowledge, skills and proficiency, as well as professionalism and ethics. He is also “AV” rated under Martindale- Hubbell’s peer review rating system, a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and since 2017 has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics Magazine.
Mr. Odom was born and raised in Vero Beach, and received a bachelor’s degree in Political Science the University of Central Florida in 1997. In 2000, Mr. Odom earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law, where he was a member of the award-winning Moot Court Board. Mr. Odom started his legal career with the Tampa firm of Thompson, Sizemore & Gonzalez, P.A., where he practiced civil litigation, including Employment Law Litigation, on behalf of large public and private sector employers.
Mr. Odom is also an honored former member of our nation’s armed services, serving in the United States Marine Corps Reserve and achieving the rank of sergeant.
Since returning to Vero Beach in 2006, Mr. Odom displays his commitment to supporting our community through his involvement with local charitable causes such as the Indian River Big Brothers Big Sisters, of which he sits on the Advisory Board.
Awards and Designations
- The Florida Bar
- Indian River County Bar Association (Past President)
- Florida Supreme Court (Civil) Jury Instructions Committee
- Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
- Florida Justice Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Indian River Advisory Board
- University of Central Florida (B.A., 1997) Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Stetson University (J.D., 2000) Moot Court Board
Personal Interest or Leisure Activity
- Water sports
- Traveling with family and friends