- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer
- Board Certified as a Specialist in Wills, Trusts, and Estates by The Florida Bar
Troy B. Hafner
Troy B. Hafner is a devoted estate planning lawyer with years of experience assisting high net worth clients in the areas of sophisticated estate planning, wills, trusts, probate, trust administration and related areas of taxation.
Born in San Francisco, California, Mr. Hafner initially joined our firm as a shareholder in 1999. Mr. Hafner co-chairs the firm’s Estate Planning & Tax Group and is Board Certified as a Specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. Mr. Hafner is also “AV” rated under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system, and has been listed among Florida’s “Super Lawyers,” a service which identifies the top 5% of attorneys in the state, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics.
Mr. Hafner earned his undergraduate degree Magna Cum Laude in Business Administration (Finance). He then earned his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Florida College of Law in 1991. There, he was awarded membership in the Order of the Coif and served as a member of the Journal of Law and Public Policy. Mr. Hafner also earned his LL.M. in Estate Planning, with honors, from the University of Miami School of Law in 1994.
Speaking to his expertise, Mr. Hafner has authored articles and commentary for publication and has garnered several awards of recognition and scholarship for his work. Notably, he holds a statewide reputation for his work in the complex area of Florida homestead law. This niche experience has led him to handle landmark cases at Florida’s District Court and Supreme Court levels.
Apart from his law practice, Mr. Hafner’s civic and charitable involvement includes service as Past President of Indian River County Habitat for Humanity and as a Director and Executive Committee Member of Scholarship Foundation of Indian River County.
Awards and Designations
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Indian River County Bar Association
- Indian River Estate Planning Council, Member
- Planned Giving Council of Indian River, Member
- Scholarship Foundation of Indian River County, Director
- Indian River County Habitat for Humanity, Past President
- University of Florida, (B.S.B.A., 1988)
- University of Florida, College of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of Miami, School of Law (LL.M., Estate Planning, 1994)
Personal Interest or Leisure Activity
- Snow Skiing
- Offshore Fishing