Our Estate Planning & Tax Group provides comprehensive estate and tax planning services to high-net-worth individuals and families, including the following:
- Formulating a customized estate plan based on the client’s expressed goals, assets, and circumstances.
- Establishing and administering a broad range of trusts, including revocable living trusts, charitable trusts, and multi-generational dynasty trusts.
- Implementing tax efficient family wealth transfer and asset protection planning techniques, including irrevocable gift trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), family LLCs, sales to grantor trusts, and spousal lifetime access trusts.
- Charitable giving, including lifetime gifts, bequests, charitable lead and remainder trusts, donor advised funds, and private foundations.
- Life insurance planning, including irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Will planning and drafting, including the determination of appropriate probate-avoidance measures.
- Retirement planning, including lifetime distribution, advice on elections, and disposition at death to maximize protection and income tax benefits of retirement accounts.
- Advance planning for incapacity, including living wills, designations of healthcare surrogates, and durable powers of attorney for financial matters.
- Counsel regarding closely held businesses and their owners, including business entity selection, transition and succession planning, valuation, and liquidity.
- Sophisticated tax planning within the lifetime construction of the estate plan and post-mortem estate.
- Income tax planning.
- Planning regarding residency issues and Florida’s unique homestead laws, and their impact on the estate plan.
- Preparing gift tax returns.
Customization to account for each client’s family situation and financial goals is critical to effective estate planning. Our Estate Planning & Tax Group attorneys tailor each estate plan so our clients can be confident that their wealth will be passed on as intended in a protected and tax-efficient manner.