- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Pinnacle Award Recipient, 2015
William N. Kirk
William N. Kirk co-chairs our firm’s Estate Planning & Tax Group, concentrating on sophisticated estate and tax planning, probate and trust administration, and related business transactions. He was raised on a diversified crop and livestock farm in northwestern Kansas, and joined Gould Cooksey Fennell in 2004. Mr. Kirk maintains an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system, the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer.
Mr. Kirk graduated first in his class at Washburn University School of Law in 1990, earning eleven American Jurisprudence Awards for receiving the highest grade in nearly one-third of his law school courses. He was Notes Editor of the Washburn Law Journal and was a member of the Washburn Moot Court Council. Thereafter, Mr. Kirk joined the corporate business department of Foulston Siefkin LLP, the then largest law firm in the State of Kansas, where his practice focused on business and securities transactions. In 1996, he left the private practice of law and became a principal and executive officer of a family-owned, multi-unit restaurant company located in Palm Beach County, Florida. In 2002, Mr. Kirk commenced his studies in taxation and estate planning at the University of Miami, School of Law, where he earned an LL.M. in Estate Planning from the University of Miami, School of Law, and was recognized as an Estate Planning Fellow because of his academic achievement and potential for excellence in the field of estate planning.
Apart from the practice of law, Mr. Kirk is invested in the future of the community and volunteers his time with various civic and charitable organizations. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors for United Way Foundation of Indian River County, having previously served as its Chairman at its inception and for three years thereafter. In connection with that service, he was recognized as the 2015 recipient of the Pinnacle Award, which honors professional advisors for outstanding voluntary service to Indian River County non-profit organizations in promoting charitable giving through estate and gift planning.
Awards and Designations
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association, Tax Section and Real Property and Probate Section
- Indian River County Bar Association
- Indian River Estate Planning Council, past President and past Director
- Planned Giving Committee of Indian River County, past Director
- United Way Foundation of Indian River County, Board of Directors and past Chairman
- United Way of Indian River County, past Director
- Professional Advisors Council of Indian River Community Foundation
- VNA Foundation Giving Active Council
- Kansas State University (B.S., 1986)
- Washburn University, School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- University of Miami, School of Law (LL.M., Estate Planning, 2003)
Personal Interest or Leisure Activity
- K-State Athletics
- Blues and BBQ