Vero Beach Truck Accident Lawyers
From your health to your finances, getting into a truck accident can wreak havoc on nearly every facet of your life. With so much at stake, it’s crucial that you hire an experienced truck accident attorney who will be on your side.
Gould Cooksey Fennell’s truck accident lawyers balance a wealth of experience with personal, passionate representation to devote our undivided attention to your case. We’re honored to serve our Vero Beach and Indian River community, and we will work tirelessly for you to ensure you get the justice you deserve.
Types of Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
In addition to truck accidents, our personal injury attorney team handles cases in the following practice areas:
- Auto accidents
- Brain injury
- Motorcycle accidents
Truck Accidents are Different Than Auto Accidents
While people will often lump the two together, car accidents and truck accidents are two very different stories in the eyes of the law. Before you set out to hire a truck accident attorney, it’s important to be informed and learn a little bit about the legal basics.
Truck accidents can have three causes for liability:
- Human error – This includes things like falling asleep behind the wheel or negligent driving.
- Equipment failure caused by the driver – This can entail anything from forgetting to conduct safety checks to failing to secure cargo.
- Equipment failure caused by the trucking company – This can occur if the trucking company fails to properly maintain its equipment.
Hiring an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney is Critical
Rising medical expenses. Devastating injuries. Declining quality of life. Wrongful death. These are just some of the consequences of getting into a trucking accident. You never asked to be in this situation, and it’s simply not fair to have to suffer such detrimental repercussions.
During such a stressful time, navigating the law on your own can quickly prove challenging and overwhelming. In order to increase the chances of you winning your case, it’s imperative that you hire not just any lawyer, but one who knows the ins and outs of trucking accident law in Florida. Here are some reasons why you need an experienced Florida truck accident attorney on your side:
- Help in Proving Truck Driver Negligence – An experienced team of lawyers to help investigate the truck wreck and determine the causes that led to the collision.
- Attorneys Are Able to Review – Attorneys can review every detail about the accident to get a clear picture of what exactly happened. These details include:
- Accident scene: The who, what, when, and how in regards to the scene of the accident.
- Witnesses: Our law firm can get reports from any witnesses who were present at the scene.
- Police and accident reports: Any formal accident reports can help build your case.
- Truck driver credentials: You can count on us to review the background and credentials of the trucker who hit you.
- Any laws that were violated: We’ll do the deep digging to uncover which specific laws were violated during the accident.
Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for trucking companies to inconsistently report data regarding accidents. The attorneys at Gould Cooksey are trained to identify these gaps and inconsistencies in order to build your case. In addition, our lawyers know the state and local laws as well as complicated federal regulations, arming you with the knowledge you need to win your case.
What to Do Immediately Following a Semi-Truck Accident
Getting into a trucking accident is a terrifying experience that will likely put you in shock. That being said, it’s important that you know what to do in the event that an accident happens.
- Call 911 – This seems obvious, but it’s crucial that you call 911 before doing anything.
- Gather information – You’ll want to get some basic information from the truck driver, including:
- The truck’s license plate number
- Name of the trucking company
- The truck’s registration number and insurance company information
- Photos of the accident and truck
- Location of the accident
- Never admit fault – Avoid making statements that can be put into a police report and used against you.
- Seek medical care – Trucking accidents can result in serious injury. You want to receive medical attention as soon as possible.
Gathering all of this information will give our team a solid foundation to kick off our investigation.
Trucking Accident Trial Verdict $400,000 Wrongful Death Settlement
An 83 year old woman was killed when her car was struck by an 18-wheeler on SR 60 in Vero Beach, FL. The decedent’s adult children agreed to proceed as her statutory survivors and obtained a wrongful death settlement of $400,000.
Let Our Experienced Team Fight For You – Schedule a Free Consultation
If you’re seeking legal advice for your case, contact us. We can schedule a free case evaluation and consultation to review your case and evaluate how we can best serve you. We’re proud to work with Vero Beach residents and the following communities:
- Indian River County
- Treasure Coast
- Port St. Lucie
- Fort Pierce